wpr ticket angled white clipping
Wemyss Private Railway Totem Straw Colour Writing

Buckhaven to West Wemyss Station
Old Railway Walk - (no date)
covering Wemyss Castle Station and Station Masters House

 

Old Railway Walk - Booklet - Wemyss Castle Station

Date unknown: Although as it uses some references from the book ‘The Railways of Fife’ which was printed in 1980, then this booklet could have been printed in the 1980’s.

20 page booklet printed on paper with light card cover. 21 black and white photographs and 1 illustration (map of route).

This booklet takes the reader on an ‘Old Railway Walk’, which in this case is part of the old Wemyss Private Railway.

Introduction:
This walk follows part of the route of the Wemyss and Buckhaven mineral railway line, which ran from the main line at Thornton Junction to the docks at Methil.

The line was opened in 1881 but at this time only went as far as Buckhaven. In the 1887, however, an extension was opened to link it with the new and larger dock at Methil. Coal was a boom industry in Fife until the first World War but it then went into decline and this line was finally dismantled in 1964.
 

Chapter Headings:

Methilhaven Road to the B930
The B930 to Wemyss Den
Wemyss Den
Wemyss Den to Wemyss Parish Church
Wemyss Parish Church to Newton
Chemiss Burn and Lochhead Pit
Lochhead Pit to the Standing Stane Road
Lochhead Pit
Wemyss Private Railway
The Rosie Pit
 

Station Masters House - Wemyss Castle Station

Station Masters House and Wemyss Parish Church
West Wemyss Station Masters House

 

1and1 GreenHosting Image

A Model Railway Layout in 00 Gauge
the wemyss private railway © copyright all rights reserved 2015